Pages

Saturday 23 July 2016

Blues on a Saturday

Louis the Blogging Dog here...It's Saturday night and I just thought I'd write a quick post before the day is over.

But let me tell you about this afternoon...

OMD! Something TERRIBLE happened. It would make any dog cry.

I was takin my peep for a walk around my 'hood as usual. Suddenly my paw started to hurt. It hurt a lot! I started limping but when my peep tried to touch my paw and look at it, it hurt so much that I wouldn't let her!

She couldn't understand, so we went straight home, but I still wouldn't let anybody touch my paw!

My peep decided to take me to the vet.

I HATE going to the vet because every time we go there I get stuck with needles, my privates get cut off or if I just ate chocolate they keep me there with an IV. I have had one bad experience after another at the vet's!

So today I was sooo upset when I found myself in the vet's parking lot. My paw was hurting like crazy but I didn't want to get outta the car!

My peep had to carry me like a baby.

They set me in the examining room to wait for the vet.

I was nervous and in pain!
I expected the worst!

Finally the vet came and my peep held me while he looked at my sore paw. Right away he said I had a bee sting and very quickly he pulled out the stinger. Instant relief!

A bad experience with a happy ending!

This is my vet with his manager on the right.


This was the first time that I can remember in almost ten years that my vet experience was a happy one.

So for the rest of the day they have treated me extra special. 

Nobody blames the bee cause it was minding its own business and I stepped on it. My peep says that the world needs more bees. She loves bees. I probably hurt the bee more than it hurt me.
The world needs bees.


So that was my day. The walk, my paw, the vet, the bee...

Until Next Time,

Louis the Blogging Dog







14 comments:

  1. Crikey Louis .... You gotta let your peep help you when things like that happen. Sometimes they can help straight away and you don't have to hurt for hours. It could've been just a burr or something. So next time Louis be brave, aye???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Louis, we know exactly how bad this hurts! We are glad your dogtur took good care of you. We could tell you were feeling miserable and in horrendous pain! A got stung by a bee on my lip once! So far Stanley hasn't been stung so we hope he doesn't ever get stung!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Louis. I iz so glad u iz better now an'this vet vizit wuz a good one fer ya. Did u git a treat while u wuz there? I uzually git at least 1 treat when I go 2 the dog-tor - sumtimez 2. Then, d-pendin'on what it wuz fer, mom may give me anuther 1 at home. That's the thing'bout dog-tor vizitz, treatz can make'em better. I ain't never had a b-sting an'hope I never due.
    Lady Shasta of Beaglebratz Manor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Louis!
    Wow, it's so very nice to meet you, my new furiend! I'm sorry you had an ouchie, but sounds like your dogtor fixed you right up. I hope you got lots of treats...gotta get some reward after that.
    BTW: Welcome to Blogville!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Furiend

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad it was an easy fix for your paw! Yes, we agree with your Parental Unit that bees are soooo important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so glad your Vet fixed your paw, Louis, and you are feeling better!!
    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Louis ~ Well glad they got that stinger out. You got to yell at those bees to get out of your way! Why what were they thinking trying to pollinate your foot.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Louis! It's great to meet you. We don't like going to the vet either, but it's for our own good. (Plus we get those yummy liver treats there.)

    We look forward to see you at the Blogville Pawlympics. We're hosting an Ear Flapping Challenge on August 10th, but hope you'll visit us before then. Your new friends Chester and Joey and the staff at The Daily Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Louis,

    Thank goodness you are okay! My big fur brother used to have tons of inflammation when he got stung by bees. We had to carry Benadryl. Yay for the vet and your bravery.

    Thanks for visiting our blog.

    Wag on,
    Tootsie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Louis, first nice to meet you and we look forward to getting to know you better. We are so glad the trip to the vet was nothing more serious than the stinger. We hope that doesn't happen again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, what a day! I'm sorry you only have bad experiences at the vet. My dogtor is totally pawesome and is VERY free with the treats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Louis! so nice to meet you but sorry you stepped on that bee. We have signed up to follow you!
    hugs
    The Idaho PugRanch Kids
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad it was a quick fix & you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear that must have been very painful Louis.
    So glad it had a happy ending.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete

Woof your comments to me. I read every one of them!